Friday, December 14, 2007

Runners World

Guilty pleasures, more specifically my guilty pleasures... Chocolate after dinner, coffee, video games, fantasy sports, $1 hot dogs at Ikea, office supplies and Runners World Magazines...

I LOVE Runners World.... I don't buy them on a monthly basis, however, there are times when I just feel like I deserve to read one, so I splurge. I do have one complaint though.... why...WHY.... does there always have to be an article on an middle aged, over weight mother of three (two children with the father, the latest with the illegal immigrant gardener), with a husband whom she married because she got knocked up in the back of a Chevy during high school who has recently run a 10km race to deal with her drug induces depression, but really its just an excuse to check out the guys running by. Every single issue of Runners World has this article and its never one of those 1 page you're in and you're out articles, but rather its drawn out of 6 pages and we all know whats going to happen. She dedicates everyone of her races to someone because heck why would you just run for the sake of running.... GAWD SPARE ME!!!!

Tomorrow night I think a few friends of mine, Erin and my parents are getting together at Carlos & Murphys. It seems low key, but it is the classic go in with low expectations and then all of a sudden you come stumbling out of the bar with a souvenir mug is one hand, the cover bands burnt disk in the other and the only reason you are leaving is because they turned the lights off. I wish I could be there hehe.

I would like to make a comment on my reference to the Pope... I do believe I said that white, english speaking males are like the Pope and I do believe that demographic reaches beyond your truly. However, I'd like to take it back because with the Catholic churches track record with young boys I don't believe its appropriate to compare potential school teachers and the Pope as clearly teachers should be held in much higher regard.

WANKER OF THE WEEK
  • Ray Emery hand finally one over the starting spot with the Ottawa Senators (what goalie leads his team to the Stanley Cup and then loses his spot the following season?) and then after one shot the other night pulls himself because of a sore hip. Like clockwork Martin Gerber goes in net and he has only let in one goal in the last two games. Thank you Ray Emery for putting the final stake in my fantasy hockey team.

THINGS I LIKE THIS WEEK

  • It rained today!! Man I do not remember the last time in rained and thankfully I'll be able to get some sleep because its not so hot.
  • The book A Perfect Mess

THINGS I DO NOT LIKE THIS WEEK

  • The article on the mother of three in RW
  • Jason Jaffray called up from the Manitoba Moose to the Vancouver Canucks to play his first NHL game and manages a 1G/1A... excellent work. However, game 3 15 minutes of playing time, -1 and 2 hooking penalties...me thinks that someone might be having trouble keeping up with the big boys with all those hooking penalties.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's not even the middle of the month and you have 4 posts already! I'm going to have to find something to say on my blog or I'll be really embarrassed by my lack of new posts.

Did you know that when I went to school with the dinosaurs that in elementary school at least, unmarried male teachers were not allowed? Given what is happening in the US with female teachers and teenage boys, maybe female teachers should be banned altogether. Or allowed into the priesthood.

Anonymous said...

Hello Danny,
It has been a long time but I'm happy to hear that you are back writing in you Blog. I do enjoy reading it! I plan to head off to Carlos & Murphys tonight. I don't really know what to expect, but I'll bring some extra Cash in case I need to buy a CD. I have enough mugs, but I may take one just to remember the evening. I still have some cutlery from Earl's.

I was not too worried about the Sports Illistated Sportsman of the year (Brett Favre). I have seen him play through bigger injuries then that. It could be a big day for him this Sunday as he should become the NFL All-Time leader for passing yards. I will be watching!!!

Glad to hear that the mail made it to you. I wasn't too sure that I had the right address.

I'm looking forward to this evening, but I'm pretty sure that it would be a little bit more fun if good old #3 were to make an appearence.

Is Dave a Photographer? Just interested as my wife is and I have recently taken an interest in it as well.

Have a great weekend!

Greg

Anonymous said...

Since Dan(ny) never seems to return to his posts to check out the comments or reply to replies, yes I am an amateur photographer http://davidlauder.ca