Friday, August 03, 2007

Two in one week

Hello...hello...
Two posts in one week... unheard of. Seeing as though I'm pretty certain there is only two people who read this I'd like to take this chance to introduce you guys.... Dave meet Greg. Dave is my uncle and Greg is my former roommate when I lived on Pebblewood. I'm not sure if you guys have met, but at least now you know who is who when you guys leave posts.... as for the rest of you? If you are out there reading this why don't you leave comments? Even if its to tell me to shut up or how my spelling is awful. At least then I now there is a market out there of people who resent the blog.

Anyways, the previous post was a quick breakdown of what we id and yes I'm sure I left out many things. One important aspect of the trip that I failed to mention needs to be revisited. John snores like no person I have ever heard. If he fell asleep before I did it was pretty much assured that I was getting a bad nights sleep. The first night in Brisbane when we went to the Backpackers Bar John and I ha more than our fair share of bears (this confirmed by John wanting to start a fiasco). That was the evening that we were in an 8 person shared room. I managed to fall asleep right away (some people might consider this passing out, but I digress), but in the morning you should have seen the looks John was getting from people in the room. I guess they didn't have the luxury of falling asleep before he did.

I do believe there was a wager on the race and John briefly mentioned it a few days before the race when he said "Do I still get 15 minutes?" At first I didn't know what he was walking about, but then he said for the race. I was sort of surprised he was turning this casual 30km run into a race. Particularly after spending the two previous weeks drinking beer and the fact that his running career consisted of 1 half marathon race and that I will soon be doing my 9th (Adelaide) and 10th (Sydney) marathon. Well as it turned out I did cover the spread and I didn't need to say anything as John was pissed off after the race.

Yes the trip did partake in beer and farting, but we also did a massive amount of walking and were able to cover huge amounts of cities in only a day or two. The trip itself was pretty low key, but yet busy at the same time.

THINGS I LIKE THIS WEEK
  • That it is August already... winter is almost over HALLELUJAH!!
  • I've only had the chance to listen to one game, but its nice to See the Bombers doing well.

THINGS I DO NOT LIKE THIS WEEK

  • John and Sebastian (the guy who was at the concert with me) going back to Canada.
  • School assignment due in Week 2: one, week 3: two, week 4: two, week 5: three.... a famous person once said "you have to be kidding me!!

WANKER OF THE WEEK

  • I could certainly name a few (the naked guy in the hot tub comes to mind), but I will go with the waiter we had for the last supper with John. Thick french accent (that in itself may lead to wankerness) and he asks Erin what she wants... Erin goes with the salmon and waiter asks "Do you want chips with that?" asks me what I want and I get the steak "do you want chips with that? You could share them with your friends?" I reply "doesn't it come with vegetables?" Waiter still in his silly french accent "only a few you should get chips." John orders kangaroo "do you want chips with that, you should get them because you'll be hungry." Dude what is the obsession with us ordering ships? Only in Australia do you go to a nicer restaurant and have fried pushed on you like they are this glorious addition. If I want fries I'll go to McDonald's!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Greg, nice to meet you.

Rather ironic that the blogger complains about no one commenting on his blog, and yet I look at my blog stats and see almost zero hits from Australia. Six times as many are from Ukraine. Note the new blog address - and don't use it as an excuse for not visiting :-)

In the early Sixties, in Earl's Court in London, the saying was, for someone who couldn't get a date, "Oh well, wank, wank, money in the bank." Just so you know.