Thursday, August 09, 2007

Sad day in Adelaide

Hola,
Today was not such a great day... I'm not going to complain about it, but I will chronologically point out what was bad.

9:00 M- Sebastian left for Calgary. My golf, poker and beer drinking buddy has gone back home to start his law career. Sorta weird seeing as though there is a chance I may never see him again... I think I'd make a trip to Calgary to visit.

12:55 PM- Arrived at my practicum school for my 1 P.M. meeting... at 1:20 PM I was still waiting (I suppose I should replace 12:55 with 1:20 because I wasn't all that annoyed until 1:20 PM). What is the point of arranging a meeting if I still end up sitting around for 25 minutes?

2:05 PM- This is about the time I realized I had missed a turn on my way to school. Today was the first time I didn't take the train to school... missed one turn and ended up on a wild goose chase. I finally got to the school at about 2:40 PM.

2:30 PM- This is the time I scheduled a meeting with one of my teachers to discuss my feelings on a bullshit assignment. See above to remind yourself about how I feel of people who do not get to appointment on time.

3:33 PM- The parking police was putting a $25 parking ticket on my car window (If you are keeping score at home it is Danny drives to school 1 Parking police 1.

3:48- Danny pulls parking ticket off windshield.

5:37- Danny notices that Erin bought lamb from Coles and not Foodland... I despise Foodland because of the stench and its prices, but it does have good lamb.

Oh well...

THINGS I LIKE THIS WEEK
  • I was thinking earlier today about how my family (immediate and extended) would enjoy the wine culture here and most certainly the price. The clearskins are the best $5 bottle of wine you will ever have.
  • I was also thinking about how my friends would enjoy the pub culture here.
  • I don't mind that Barry Bonds broke the home run record... I just wish he came across as a nicer guy.
  • The Edmonton Oilers signing of Dustin Penner (Product of Winkler Manitoba) doesn't get much worse. It isn't so much the money, but the 3 picks. I hope the Oilers finish in last and Anaheim gets the first pick overall.. Brian Burke walks up to the mike and says "we'd like to thank Kevin Lowe by selecting with our first pick John Tavares

THINGS I DO NOT LIKE THIS WEEK

  • I was living life like a rock star only a few weeks ago with John and Sebass here... and now they're gone.

WANKER OF THE WEEK

  • me... showing up late for a meeting and sacrificing a parking ticket in the process.. sighhhhhh

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad, sad, sad...

Things must be really bad when you nominate yourself as wanker of the week.

Being late for your meeting is kind of a karma thing, don't you think?

Cheers

Anonymous said...

Danny, just wanted to let you know that there are more faithful readers out there. I enjoy David and Gregg's comments almost as much as I enjoy reading your blog.
I love the pics. The picture of you and Erin is beautiful!
Glad to hear you're having fun. Sounds like there is a lot of beer being consumed.
Love from Auntie Diane

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your kind words. I do enjoy seeing my name from time to time in you Blog.

I think that it is shameful that you gave the B&B a “Cushy Rieview”. I guess that this goes to show that Danny and Erin can be bought… Very interesting!

As for the Bombers, I too hope that they can finish what they started. It would be nice to see them back in the big game. When was the last time they won the Grey Cup??? 1990?

Congrats on your great time in the marathon!!! Very impressed! I am in the process of attempting to help organize an alumni game for Maples Juventus. We sure could use #3 back in the line up! Probably not this year, eh?

And congrats to Erin on completion of her exams!!!

I’m sure that everything will work out for the good and that we’ll be seeing how much you love your new flat in the “things I like this week”. Best of Luck!

Greg

P.S. It was nice to be introduced to you David. Sorry for the slow reply, but I’ve been pretty busy. And I'd really like to see more comments from Auntie Diane.