Monday, April 26, 2010

Oh the Frustration

Well its around 11P.M on the Monday evening of the Anzac Day long weekend. Spent primarily most of the weekend resting and relaxing around the house getting ready for what is to be a busy week at work. Today went for a 19Km run, did some cleaning, finished the book I was reading and went to bed early to start a new book. However, there has been a wrench thrown into the works, I can't sleep. This has been going on since about high school. As soon as Sunday night comes before the start of the week I struggle to sleep. Everyone says it is because I might be anxious for the upcoming week, but I'm not. I think its become a mental block that when I go to sleep before the start of a new week I fool myself into thinking I can't sleep.

Running has been going fairly well as of late, not great, but adequate. However, there is one small problem and I'm not sure there is much I can do about it. I am getting old, or at least my knees are reminding me that I am getting old. My first few strides of every run my left knee struggles to straighten and takes some time to have the proper hinge movement it is designed to have. At night after I have gone for a run and sometimes on nights I haven't I can feel the stiffness in them. I honestly do a decent job of taking care of myself and my body, but I'm starting to think that I may just have to start icing my knees when I get home.

Oh and for the record I am sitting here in sweatpants and a long sleeve shirt. This may not appear to be anything of consequence, but what it does mean is that summer is ending and winter is starting. The house is getting quite chilly at night and it is only a matter of time before having to turn on the single room heater designed to heat well one room, leaving the rest of the rooms in the house like an icebox.

Things I Like This Week
  • It is Tuesday, which means it is one day closer to the weekend
  • I have to stay late after school Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. One night for a meeting and two nights for parent teacher interviews. Oh wait this is to go in the following section
  • The Blue Jays seem to have gotten off to a decent start this year and might not lose 100 games this year
  • Roy Halladay is a very good pitcher
Things I Don't Like This Week
  • See above

No comments: