Thursday, May 04, 2006

Closet Pee

Hello everyone,
I apologize its been so long between entries, but now that Erin and I have internet on the way that will soon change. Anyways I have a few things I'd like to get off my chest, so get comfortable and enjoy the ride.

I realized something the other day... there are some things that no matter where you are in the world, no matter what culture... it is NOT cool. Upon Erin arriving in Australia she attended a house party with her med school friends. At some point in the night on of her classmates decided that it would be a good time to pee in the closet (in case you are keeping track at home... this is the not cool thing). I'd like to clarify that there is never a good time to pee in the closet, but regardless Erin and Carmen (one of Erin's friends) decided to point out the closet peeer (not sure if thats a word). Most of the people are going to be in Australia for 4 years and this guy decided to pee in the closet in the first few weeks.... well this leads me to the point in my story... I wonder what its like to have everyone think of you as the closet peeer. Every time I see this guy the first thing I think of is that he went wee wee in the closet, which causes me to instinctively pretend I'm holding a hose near my crotch and go about pretending that I'm putting out a fire.

Moral of the story is... friends don't let friends pee in the closet at any time.

A guy in Erin's class ad I go running about three times a week... he's a nice guy, actually he's a nice guy/a**hole similar to me. Anyways this is a conversation we had the other day... (His name is Peter and he's from Melbourne) I'll set the sceen... its about 5 P.M. and there is a gorgeous sunset.
Peter: I reckon thats beautiful... golly just beautiful.
Danny: Yes its quite nice
Peter: do you'al have sunsets back in Canada?
Danny: ahhhhhhh yeah we have sunsets.
Peter: AH really I didn't know that. Do people fancy them like they do here?
Danny: Yeah they like them. It even looks similar to this sunset its just that ours would be over a fresh water lake rather than an Ocean.

Anyways, how did Peter think the sun went down in Canada? It just would sit there up in the sky and all of a sudden it turned dark outside? I know I've asked stupid question since I got here, but I pretty much assumed upon arriving in Australia that the earth turned at the same speed in Australia as it does in Canada.

THINGS I LIKE THIS WEEK
  • love that Erin and I got tickets to Coldplay for June in Melbourne
  • that the Moose won their first series against the Crunch (bad team name)

THINGS I DO NOT LIKE THIS WEEK

  • Do not want to see Koby Bryant and the Lakers beat Steve Nash and the Suns
  • How long it takes to get internet hooked up in Adelaide

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cheers for Nash and the suns, yes they beat the Lakers.The nash is the best in the NBA for a second strait year.