Thursday, May 11, 2006

And Dennis was his Name-O

After finally finishing my Athabasca course I decided it was time to venture out and get my first haircut. I was going to go through an extensive search to find the best place to get a haircut, so I walked into the first place that was full of old saucy ladies getting perms and made an appoint. I figured because it had a sign outside on the sidewalk that said "Men's Haircuts Now Available" that it must be good. Well I sat down the guy asked how I wanted it cut I responded "short" than he pulled out the clippers and went at it. He did not offer a coffee, did not tell me his name, nor did he want any other details about how I wanted my hair. While "clipping away" he managed to cut my ear and I'm not talking a little paper cut, but actual blood. Anyways, 15 minutes later my haircut was done and I looked like Jim Carey in Dumb and Dumber. After all was said and done I paid $25 to cut my ear, bad haircut (and I mean seriously theres not much to giving Danny a status quo like haircut), no talking and no coffee. I did however receive a cut out piece of paper that had been photocopied, which after looking it over realized it was his business card. At first I thought it was a coupon to make up for cutting my ear. Is it just me or is the second round of the NHL play-offs been very disappointing?? I mean Buffalo up on Ottawa 3-0, Carolina 3-0 over New Jersey. At least Edmonton looks to be putting up a fight against San Jose. The NHL must be thrilled to see teams like Buffalo and Carolina making a run for the Stanley Cup. I mean people care about as much for those teams as people do for how my Australian haircut went. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that one team... I'm not going to reveal who is going to comeback from 3-0 down. Excuse me for one second I just sneezed and got gunk all over my hand and the keyboard.

After getting gunk on my hand I decided to just save my entry... please dismiss the hockey bit... there will be no comeback.

Friday night Erin and I attended the med ball, which is essentially dinner, dancing and free booze. Anyways I met this guy named Ben, super nice guy and he kept talking about this Dennis... Dennis this Dennis that. I finally asked him if Dennis was short with a shaved heard, which he replied yes. I than said "you mean closet peeer" and he burst out laughing. Apparently closet peeers real name is Dennis and he is famous.

University of Athabasca... if you happen to read this please take note! It should not take a week to enter a final grade into your computer. People pay good money for your money grabbing correspondence courses... use that money and hire more staff.

Things I like this Week

  • I'm hoping to receive my first "package" this week.
  • I will get over my cold.

THINGS I DO NOT LIKE THIS WEEK

  • That I'm not over my cold yet.
  • Thieves! England sent their criminals to Canada way back when and the apple never falls far from the tree.

No comments: