Saturday, December 08, 2012

Running

Never Too Late To Restart?

As you may or may not know I enjoy running. Despite the fact I dislike the term 'passionate' I am passionate about running. I've been long distance running for approximately 15 years, I've completed 11 full marathons and a number of other races. I would some day like to run a 3h10m marathon, but a lack of commitment and motivation have gotten in the way.

 I'm trying to make a number of small changes in my life that will allow me to take a genuine shot at attaining this goal. Some of these goals are running a half/full marathon clinic, running outdoors throughout the winter regularly, I work at a running store and I have become more motivated.

There are also a variety of hurdles if you will that are standing in my way. Some of these hurdles are lack of time, the half/full marathon clinic (please refer to time if you don't understand this dilemma) and I need to cut back on beer and red wine.

I think chronicling my running may be an extrinsic motivator when it comes to developing my commitment to 3:10 and I feel like writing more, so this is what this very outdated blog is going to do.

I have not posted on this blog n who knows how long and there are significant changes in my life since I last posted. The following are the bigger ones.. new girlfriend, new house, new country, new job, different group of friends and I am much older and not really that much wiser.

This has been a rather serious post, most will not be, but rather they will be cynical and hopefully somewhat humorous. They will also chronicle my running and some post will only be about a run. This may be boring to most of you (not that anyone is actually going to read this), but I don't care.

Running

December 7th, 2012
Time: 1:05
Distance: 13.5km
Conditions: cold, no wind and very slippery
Felt: Great, no fatigue or light headedness at the start of the run.

Things I Like

  • No work on today so that I can write report cards.

Things I Don't Like

  • Report card writing.

No comments: