Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Weekend

I was at the grocery store the other day to pick up some bacon (FYI the bacon in Oz is excellent). I decided upon 400 grams, but the lady at the counter so graciously gave me 460 grams at what should have been $9.99/KG. Upon checking out and to my dismay I was charged not for medium bacon, but for short bacon which runs at a premium price of $16.99/kg. Needless to say I was somewhat surprised and I made mention of said injustice. As it turns out in South Australia if you are charged the incorrect amount at the till they refund the money. I ended up with 460 grams of free bacon. I Danny Mitchell am conquering the world one same battle at a time.



Pretty quiet weekend... watched Beautiful Mind with Erin on Friday night, Saturday I had hockey and then a small get together with classmates at a local Pub where myself and others went about drinking far too much. Following this self-mutilation I feed on not one, but two gyros and woke up without a trace of a hang over. I think the Greek's may be onto something.



Adma Eckert a former classmate and fellow football player is currently trying out for the Blue Bombers. Apparently on day 5 he dislocated his left index finger through the skin. I am going to take a gander and say that may have hurt.



Only a few more weeks till the Sydney trip, which I am very excited about.



THINGS I LIKE THIS WEEK


  • That I am going to add a "Wanker of the Week" section at the end of this column.

  • That I didn't have a hang over this morning.

  • Looking forward to going for a long run tomorrow to work off the beer which I initially thought was going to lead to a nasty hang over.

THINGS I DO NOT LIKE THIS WEEK



  • I was considering doing a 25KM race this morning, but figured it would be unwise to run such a race under the influence.

WANKER OF THE WEEK



  • A tutor (who will remain anonymous, but he knows who he is) broached the topic of how many of the Health and P.E. students at my school seemed to have resubmitted an assignment twice, but in two different classes. This should be deemed to be academically dishonest, but the topic was "Discuss your beliefs of what quality teaching is." My emerging beliefs did not change over the course of two weeks. However, out of sheer scaredy catness I did not resubmit the same assignment, but rewrote very similar ideas. This is clearly a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing and students should not be held in contempt as it is not their fault that tutors at out school are completely and totally unoriginal. I did however take a small sampling of my peers to see who had and had not resubmitted the assignment at it was unanimous... all the students re handed in the same thing. The beauty in this is the confidence in numbers. I will assume they will not kick everyone out of school. Anyways, to my point... there is no need for said tutor to be so crusty he clearly would have done the exact same thing. GROUCH!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’m a big fan of the new section, “Wanker of the Week” but hope that I will never become the topic of discussion.

I don’t think that I have ever used the same assignment twice, but only because I was never given the opportunity (or I didn’t think of it). Sounds like a great idea!

The term “bringing home the bacon” has traditionally been associated with someone having the ability to earn large amounts of money. If you can bring home the bacon without paying for it, does that mean that you’re having your cake and eating it too? Congrats on the free bacon!

I’d like to see some more pictures if you have some.


Greg

Anonymous said...

One more thought….

What is the point in having cake if your not going to eat it? Personally, if I can’t eat the cake… I don’t even want see it.

Actually, I think that I just made sense of that saying…

If you eat the cake, it will be all gone, so you will not be able to still have it. It does make sense that you should have to choose between having the cake and eating the cake.

Thanks for your patients while I worked this out!


Greg

Anonymous said...

I'd just like to let you know that I'm thinking about you. I know that you'll have a great time with our buddy, J.C.! I just hope that you will continue to make posts on your Blog while he is there with you. Take it easy!