Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Here in Australia they talk about American Politics almost as much as they do Australian politics. They discuss how inept the Americans are and how much they dislike there policy, although Australian policy is as conservative and right in line with American politics if you ask me. Anyways, there was an article about Guantanomo Bay which is not a rare occurance. They think that it should be shut down, expecially because there is an AUstralian prisoner whom the public feels has been ostricized. Regardless, in todays article they discussed how the most sought after book in the library at Guantanomo Bay is Harry Potter, there were 91 dental fillings last year and they enjoyed watching the World Cup. Can someone please explain to me why in a newspaper which is oh I don't know 10000 miles away would they right about such inconsequential information. The only thing that the article in question says is that the prisonners read at a low grade level, they have bad teeth and they enjoy watching soccer. If you ask me none of this information comes as surprising, nor hould it be written about in a newspaper in a different continent.

THINGS I LIKE THIS WEEK
  • Weather is getting nicer here
  • Ran a 12km race with 26,000 of my closest Australian friends

THINGS I DO NOT LIKE THS WEEK

  • I wrote a blog entry last week and it did not post properly, which is very annoying.
  • Things happen in 3's, sp Holly getting sick, Dorothy falling and Cam getting hit by a car should be the end of the Lauder unluck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you'd better be right about the bad luck coming in 3's cause we've had enough!!! Maybe one of us will win the lottery now. I'd be satisfied with just having nothing bad happen.
Diane